This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

QMMAD express install does not recognize AD LDS

When installing Migration Manager for AD in Express mode, I get the following message in a popup: One or more additional components need to be set up as part of the installation: A new Microsoft Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services instance. I already have AD LDS installed with 2 instances, thinking the Express install would just create another, but that does not appear to be the case. This is a lab so I am installing on a DC. Last instance ports were 50791 and 50792. Do I need to uninstall instances first, or what else could cause this. I can install in Advanced mode fine but want POC screen shots of both methods.

Parents Reply Children
  • I tend to avoid doing the Express Install in the first place so that *I* can control all aspects of the AD LDS part of the configuration - i.e. location of instance, port used by the instance, security on the AD LDS instance, name of the configured QMM Project etc.

The only "trick" is that you then need to do the first dirsynch agent (DSA) install using the setup file (MSI) that is placed in a shared folder on the QMM console host.  

• I just hit Next to go through the error and the install worked.