Using MMAD, after migrating user from Source to Target, how do I link the new users back to their mailbox on Source domain?

Using Migration Manager for Active Directory, after migrating user from Source to Target, how do I link the new users back to their exchange mailbox on Source domain?

Is this done during RUM or do I need to run ADPW? or EXPW?

Thank you,

• It is done with a Migration Session. Enable the Target and Disable the source account option and it will change the source mailbox enabled user to a linked mailbox. 

Note 1: All existing permissions (access control entries (ACE) in the access control lists (ACL)) are still assigned to the source sids and will need to be udpated with EPW if not migrating sidhistory. If you are migrating sidhistory you can hold off updating the existing permissions until prior to removing sidhistory. 

Note 2: ADPW will be needed to change Send-As for mailbox and group, and groups delegation. 

• Thank you Jeff,

So, I will run the User Migration Session with SIDHistory enabled, Enable Target and Disable source ID. Source mailbox enabled user will be changed to a linked mailbox, (leave the Exchange Options blank and default settings), then Migrate workstation session, run RUM.

Run, EXPW after each User Migration Session to assign the new Target ID SID to update existing permissions on Linked Mailbox.

Run ADPW after each User Migration Session to assign the new Target ID SID permissions to file share, Send-As for Mailbox, group, and groups delegation.

Run ADPW again to remove the old Source SIDHistory from new Target ID accounts migrated on that session.

Is this the correct steps?

Thank you,