Using MMAD, after migrating user from Source to Target, how do I link the new users back to their mailbox on Source domain?

Using Migration Manager for Active Directory, after migrating user from Source to Target, how do I link the new users back to their exchange mailbox on Source domain?

Is this done during RUM or do I need to run ADPW? or EXPW?

Thank you,

Parents
  • It is done with a Migration Session. Enable the Target and Disable the source account option and it will change the source mailbox enabled user to a linked mailbox. 

Note 1: All existing permissions (access control entries (ACE) in the access control lists (ACL)) are still assigned to the source sids and will need to be udpated with EPW if not migrating sidhistory. If you are migrating sidhistory you can hold off updating the existing permissions until prior to removing sidhistory. 

Note 2: ADPW will be needed to change Send-As for mailbox and group, and groups delegation. 

• It is done with a Migration Session. Enable the Target and Disable the source account option and it will change the source mailbox enabled user to a linked mailbox. 

Note 1: All existing permissions (access control entries (ACE) in the access control lists (ACL)) are still assigned to the source sids and will need to be udpated with EPW if not migrating sidhistory. If you are migrating sidhistory you can hold off updating the existing permissions until prior to removing sidhistory. 

Note 2: ADPW will be needed to change Send-As for mailbox and group, and groups delegation. 

Children