Sidhistory removal from migrated Target domain local groups

Hi Engineers,

Hope you guys are doing great!

Scenario:

Domain Local groups with members were migrated from source domain to target domain using Sidhistory. After changing domain membership of resource server from source domain to target domain, those migrated target Domain Local groups are applied in resource ACL. Source users are also added in those migrated target Domain Local groups.

Now my question: Is this safe now to remove Sidhistory from migrated target Domain Local groups and their members (migrated target domain users) by ADPW? Will there be any impact in terms of accessing resource? Do I have to consider anything else before removing Sidhistory from migrated target Domain Local groups and their members (migrated target domain users)? What about resource access by source users?

Please answer and explain specific to scenario.

Have a great day ahead!

Parents
  •  Is this safe now to remove Sidhistory from migrated target Domain Local groups and their members (migrated target domain users) by ADPW? 

• Domain Local groups with members were migrated from source domain to target domain with Sidhistory.
    • After changing domain membership of resource server from source domain to target domain,
    • those migrated target Domain Local groups are applied in resource ACL
    • Source users are also added in those migrated target Domain Local groups

Assuming that the all of the resources that have these domain local groups and users have been resource processed and the target equivalent applied, then yes.  

Will there be any impact in terms of accessing resource? 

No, assuming the above is true. 

Do I have to consider anything else before removing Sidhistory from migrated target Domain Local groups and their members (migrated target domain users)? 

No, assuming the above it true

What about resource access by source users?

You already moved the server, that already broke

• What about resource access by source users?

You already moved the server, that already broke

I meant to say that source users are also added in migrated target domain local group and server is target domain joined. Then Source user should also be able to access resources in target domain. Isn't it?

Assuming that the all of the resources that have these domain local groups and users have been resource processed and the target equivalent applied, then yes.

It means that if all resources are secured using migrated domain local groups and target users are members of migrated domain local groups, then we can remove Sidhistory. Right?

Reply Children
No Data