SIDhistory connecting to apps in source domain

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so here is my question; I'm considering to purchase Migration Manager for AD, my question is if SID History also works when accessing apps after user is migrated? Smae question for accessing their mbx on Exchange 2016. I know it works with files, shares etc. Appriciate your feedback, the sooner the better! Thanks a lot Slight smile

Parents
  • SID history will work for some applications - you need to test them individually.  And yes, it does work for Exchange.

HOWEVER, SID History is only a TEMPORARY solution to give you time to complete re-permissioning of resources and their transition into a new domain.  It should not be part of your steady-state post migration operations plan.

If you have not yet purchased MIgration Manager, I strongly recommend that you hire a Consultant experienced with Migration Manger to assist you with the evaluation of the product and planning for your migration project.  

• Great, Thanks a lot for you quick reply. Indeed, the SID history is untill everything is migrated, after that it will be cleaned up!

How long have you been working with this tool? All tips are welcome Slight smile

Reply Children
No Data