Do I 'need' cloud commander for purely a mailbox migration

HI all,

We have a divestment from an on-premise estate to a new tenant; new as in, different from the 'parent'

EG:
company.com is divesting from Parent.net, moving into Azure in its own tenant. Timescales prevent a tenant to tenant migration as parent.net aren't looking to go into the cloud for 6months

We are looking just to use migration manager-we know the potential of the whole suite of tools but just looking to get email over the fence.

This tool, retaining the permissions & delegate permissions is going to be sooooo handy! but does it need cloud commander ?

many thanks in advance

Parents
  • Your usage of the term "tenant" is confusing.

It sounds like Parent.net has an on-premises Exchange org and you want to move the contents of company.com mailboxes to an M365 tenant.

Migration Manager for Exchange can achieve this mission with no additional software.

With respect to "Cloud Commander", are you looking for something to migrate company.com's unstructured (i.e. file) data to OneDrive?  Is that where that question is coming from?  Migration Manager doesn't do this so you will need something else for that purpose.

• Your usage of the term "tenant" is confusing.

It sounds like Parent.net has an on-premises Exchange org and you want to move the contents of company.com mailboxes to an M365 tenant.

Migration Manager for Exchange can achieve this mission with no additional software.

With respect to "Cloud Commander", are you looking for something to migrate company.com's unstructured (i.e. file) data to OneDrive?  Is that where that question is coming from?  Migration Manager doesn't do this so you will need something else for that purpose.

Children