This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Writing to media progress is not showing

Hi 

I am using Netvault 11.3.0.12 . I have created  a Backup job ( 20 TB data) which is writing in tapes in media set. The writing in tapes is going on and I am getting email notifications indicating Media full ,Media Unload , Media Load etc.

However when I check the Job status , It shows 0% progress. See the attached Image.

Any clue? Is it really writing on tape media is going on? In the Explore storage -> Tapes , it indicates the media are written as space used is 5.20 TB.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi ssp ,

Are you backing up a client? If so, what version of NetVault is that client running?
    Also, sometimes, this field will appear with 0 BYTES written and other times it may show the progress.
    There could be a couple explanations for this.
    1) If this is a backup of the client, if that client is running an 10.x version of NetVault, that could be why.
    2) It could be intermittent, in which case it is an issue with the WebUI or NetVaults update tracker - this has been improved on NetVault 11.4.5
    3) You may just need to clear the browser cache.

Any one of these things could be the cause of the issue, but I think for an improvement on the overall situation, I would suggest upgrading to NetVault 11.4.5 as it may help to eliminate this issue.