Multiple Coexistence Manager behind a loadbalancer

Hi there,

a customer of us is in the process of a Notes to Exchange migration. In general it is working fine, but the customer mentioned that the Coexistence Manager's cpu utilization is always to high due to the high amount of freebusy requests and mail flow between Notes and Exchange.

They already setup a second Coexistence Manager server, but the question is now, what would be the best practise to implement both together behind a loadbalancer?

Kind regards,

woelki

Parents
  • Hello Woelki,

Thanks for posting to the Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN) forum. I understand that you would like to configure CMN to work with a load balancer. As Jeff mentioned, simply standing up a new CMN server and dividing up the roles, so that one CMN server is processing free busy requests and another CMN server is processing mail items, may be the easiest solution to implement.

Configuring CMN to work with a load balancer isn't supported by Quest Support. The CMN Mail Connector is an SMTP relay, so the load balancer would need to be configured to pass SMTP traffic. The CMN Free Busy Connector uses HTTPS, so the load balancer would need to be configured to pass HTTPS traffic.

If you still need additional assistance, your Quest Account Manager can help loop in additional resources, such as Quest Professional Services (PSO) that may be able to assist with these types of advanced CMN configurations. If you need assistance locating your Quest Account Manager, please let me know.

You can also reach your local Quest Sales office from the following site:

https://www.quest.com/buy/

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

• Hello Woelki,

Thanks for posting to the Coexistence Manager for Notes (CMN) forum. I understand that you would like to configure CMN to work with a load balancer. As Jeff mentioned, simply standing up a new CMN server and dividing up the roles, so that one CMN server is processing free busy requests and another CMN server is processing mail items, may be the easiest solution to implement.

Configuring CMN to work with a load balancer isn't supported by Quest Support. The CMN Mail Connector is an SMTP relay, so the load balancer would need to be configured to pass SMTP traffic. The CMN Free Busy Connector uses HTTPS, so the load balancer would need to be configured to pass HTTPS traffic.

If you still need additional assistance, your Quest Account Manager can help loop in additional resources, such as Quest Professional Services (PSO) that may be able to assist with these types of advanced CMN configurations. If you need assistance locating your Quest Account Manager, please let me know.

You can also reach your local Quest Sales office from the following site:

https://www.quest.com/buy/

Trevor Taegder

Senior Technical Support Engineer

Quest | Support

Children
No Data