This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to extract Metadata to a separate .csv or XML file, when I migrate Notes DBs as DOCUMENTS to a folder in my Desktop ?

Is there a way to extract Metadata to a separate .csv or XML file, when I migrate Notes DBs as DOCUMENTS to a folder in my Desktop ?

I migrate the files in notes DBs to Word Documents and place the attachments to a separate Attachment folder. 

I also want to extract the metadata records (such as: Modified by, Last Read, Read Amount, Author, Reviewed by, Unid, NoteId, ParentUnid) to a separate .csv or XML file located in same folder as the created Word Documents.

Is there a way to do that ? 

Best regards,

Cagri

• Thanks for posting to the Migrator for Notes to SharePoint (MNSP) forum. I understand you are looking to extract Metadata from Notes to a separate CSV for XML file. I will need some additional information to investigate this request further:

1.) Are you looking for a separate file for each database record, or s single file that contains the metadata for all records?

2.) What are you using for the source data definition? Is this a "Render"?

With this information I will investigate further and let you know what I find.

• Hello Trevor, 

Thanks for your quick reply. Our migration intention has been changed a bit, thus I would kindly like to hear your input for the new one.

The migration design we would like to follow is following:

1) Migrating related metadata of each notes documents to a SharePoint list, where "unid" can be observable in one of the created target SharePoint column.

- DONE

2) Migrating body content as word docx. together with related attachments\embedded objects of each document to a desktop folder. Each notes document should be located under a folder with their own title and attachments should be located in "_attachments" folder. This attachments folder will be located as same folder with notes document.  

- DONE

3) During the 2nd step, I want to migrate the ''unid" we have migrated in the 1st step together with the migrated documents, yet there is no field, where I can write it. What would your suggestion be ? 

Note: My source data definition is "custom".

• Hello Cagri,

Where do you want the "unid" to go? You should be able to map {Unid} to Doc.Body, as an example. If you move this new mapping up on the Map Data screen then it could be the first thing that shows up in the body of the Word document, or you can move the mapping down to have the unid show up last.

Will this meet your needs?

• Hi again Trevor,

First of all thanks for the answer.

The defined migration process above is intent to match "migrated word docx (body htrml/attachemnnts/objects)" with "migrated metada of each notes files to a SharePoint List (we have "unid" pasted as a metadata in that list)". Afterwards, these will be published in Modern SharePoint pages, yet I need a key (unid) to run a script for matching the related docx fiels with  their metadata. 

To complete this process, I need to store "unid" in the same folder in my desktop, where migrated Word Docx files are located. I even tried to map it (unid) in both Docx.title and the folder field, which I use to place the migarated word docxs, yet these did not work either.

I normally use the follwoing formula: @DbTitle + '/' + Subject to define DatabaseName and map to a folder, which allows me to place each migrated document in a separate folder named with their own names. I Tried to include "unid" there by trying both unid and @DocumentUniqueID, however, the tool could not read the 'unid'.

• Hello Cagri,

Thanks for the update.

1.) In MNSP Designer | Notes | Preview are you able to view the "unid" in the preview?

2.) Edit the Target Data Definition | Advanced and check the box for "Migrate document fields to custom properties".

You could try mapping {Unid} -> Doc.Keywords. Then, if you right-click on the resulting docx and go to Properties | Details, you should find the "unid" in the "tags" field. Perhaps you can use this for your association?

Otherwise, in MNSP Designer you can click on "Run Job" and select "Save to Intermediate File..." which will generate an XML file with details for the Notes records.

3.) Do either of these options work for you?

• Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the answer.

1) I am able to view unid in the preview. 

2) I followed the 2nd option you have defined, and succeeded to migrate unid to doc.keyword properties. We are working on this solution at the moment, yet regarding the "Save to Intermediate File" option, it is not enabled in my designer. I can only click to "Run Job" button but not the other one.

How do we enable the button that you have defined ? ("Save to Intermediate File").

• Hi Cagri,

Thanks for the update. The "Save to Intermediate File" option is fairly new. What exact version of MNSP are you currently using? I am currently using MNSP 6.9.1.2572 in my lab environment and this option is available to me.

• Hi Trevor,

I am using 6.9.1.2606, though I have the option, but it is just not clickable, something preventing to click the button.

• Hi Cagri,

That is interesting... What if you create a brand new MNSP migration job file, selecting the Source Data Definition as Render, then the Target Data Definition as PDF, is the "Save to Intermediate File" option available?

Did you switch to migrating to a target Folder again? I do not believe the "Save to Intermediate File" option is available when migrating to a Folder, you would need to select a SharePoint target.