Connect Designer to SharePoint sites

Hello,

I am trying to establish Designer connection to sharepoint site. I have added correct site URL, but when I try to test connection using sharepoint login username and password it shows me a Failed error message.

Error Message: 

Connection to SharePoint using Web Services:
Unable to connect to 'https://username.sharepoint.com/teams/sitename' using SharePoint Web Services due to the following error:

The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.

Details:
System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.Webs.Webs.GetWeb(String webUrl)
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.SharePointWebsWebService.GetWeb(Uri webUrl)
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.RemoteSPWebWrapper.<GetDescription>b__0()
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.RemoteSPWebWrapper.HandleException(Action action)
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.RemoteSPWebWrapper.GetDescription()
at Quest.NSP.SharePoint.UI.TestConnectionsForm.TestSharePointConnection(Object testContext)

Validating SharePoint Client Web Services Support

Credentials used: username@domain.com

Can someone guide me how I can access the SharePoint site using Quest Designer?

Thank You

Parents
  • Hi! Have you configured your target SharePoint site in the Options - SharePoint?
    You need to do this to specify the authentication type. The default will be "Classic", which only works with on-prem SharePoint!

For testing, "Forms based" is usually the easiest authentication type to use.
    Pro production, we recommend "SingleSignOn/OAutch" - however this requires a Global Admin to run it at least once and grant Application Permissions.
    "Office 365 Authentication" is also possible, but has some slight disadvantages in comparison to SSO/OAuth. Also it requires the MS Identity Foundation to be Installed / Enabled on the Windows OS.

• thank you Peter for the reply.

This is the first time I am doing Notes Migration. I would really appreciate if you can provide me with little bit more info on the steps.

Reply Children