This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does AppAssure 5.4x/ Rapid Recovery6.x agent software supported with Citrix XenServer platform

Does AppAssure 5.4x/ Rapid Recovery6.x agent software supported with  Citrix XenServer platform?

Online documentation for AppAssure on link and looks AppAssure agent software is compatible with Citrix Xenser : https://software.dell.com/documents/appassure-datasheet-24340.pdf

Checked Rapid recovery documentation but unable to find references of agent software support for Citrix Xenserver.

Basically, I am looking for taking backup of virtual machines created on Citrix Xenserver platform via AppAssure agent. But prior to perform this in my environment, I wanted to know whether Dell officially supporting it or not?

If yes then please provide references/links on which information is available.

Thanks !!

• Hi Laxmikant:
    There is no mention of XEN/Citrix in the RapidRecovery User Guide. However, there certainly are a few Rapid Recovery customers protecting Citrix XEN environments. I checked for KBs that reflect the issues that they have encountered and this is what I got:

Bare Metal Restore of 2012 or 2012 R2 Xen Machine Does Not Boot
    support.software.dell.com/.../189592

BMR Wizard Errors with, "Object '***.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server."
    support.software.dell.com/.../150404

Core detects Agent installed on XenServer as physical machine (fixed in 5.4.1)
    support.software.dell.com/.../122837

Xen Drivers that are Needed for the Boot CD in for use with a BMR
    support.software.dell.com/.../179531

Looks that most of the specific issues are related to restores and that they were addressed.
    If you have your Citrix XEN environment going, it may make sense spinning up a couple of test VMs and giving it a try (if you are not an AppAssure/Rapid Recovery customer, you can easily get a Rapid Recovery trial license)

Hope that this helps.

• Thanks for information !!!

I was assuming that Dell team might have performed certification tests for RR agent in Citrix Xenserver environment prior to release GA of Rapid recovery.

Anyways, will check if we can try this in our test environment to verify it. This will be again risk area even if it gets worked because there might be some issues that might encounter during backups of various flavors of guest OS versions. (handling Windows 2016 RTM version guest OS support with Rapid recovery agent).

Usually, prior to try any product we look for their officially support documentation which help us to take decision based on it.

I am not sure why it is not documented about Xenserver support officially for Rapid recovery agent at least YES/NO.
    This will help customer to take decision of whether to go for AppAssure Rapid Recovery product solutions or any other available products in market who claims support for Xenserver.

Please feel free to share updates if anyone find more information related to Citrix Xenserver support.