I wanted to wrap-up the series "Are you using Stat to its Full Potential – Stat for Oracle Ebusiness Patching" with some final thoughts. First, you may have noticed that there was an addtional document at the end that was not included in the initial listing of 9 planned documents entitled "Environment Patch Level Compare Reports" making the series an even 10 documents. I added the last one as it is specific to patching and fits into this series as it really allows you to report quickly and accurately without having to track things manually.
1. Uploading Patches – how to upload the patches into Stat
2. Patch Prerequisites – how to check for patch prerequisites in Stat
3. Merging Patches – how to merge patches in Stat
4. Calling Pre and post scripts for patching – how to call your own scripts to bring down/up servers and other scripts you like to call
5. Patch Application – how to schedule and apply patches in Stat
6. Patching Business rules – how to receive email notifications when a patch is successful or completes in error or warning
7. Patch log files – how to view the patch log files and troubleshoot in Stat
8. Patch Backout – how Stat can bring back the pre patch versions of flat-files
9. Undocumented Patch Wizard – how Stat can document and track patches you have already applied or have applied manually
10. Environment Patch Level Compare Reports – how Stat can show what patch have been applied and also help identify what patch differences exist between environments
Hopefully you have found this series educational and helpful. If you have any other addtional topics you would like to see addressed (whether involving patching or other areas), I am open to suggestion and am looking for additional topics or series for 2014. I have appreciated the questions throughout this series and invite you to ask any more you may have. Thank you and happy Patching!