As you may have heard, GoogleApps allows to create organizational structure in the domain and to control the services that are available to users.
Now, using GoogleApps connector from the Quest One Quick Connect for Cloud Services 3.0, you can sync your GoogleApps domain organizational structure with all the other systems such as AD, SAP, etc….
You can create users in right containers based on OOB rules or you can use the PowerShell script for this. In addition, you can move users between containers based on rules.
Provisioning into AD works in the same way. Follow the steps below to try it:
Check that API access is enabled in your GoogleApps domain:
- Then create connection to the system that will be used as the source, with QC 5.0 you can synchronize your GoogleApps domain with all other systems supported by QC directly. For example, CSV file with GoogleApps.
Create connection to the GoogleApps domain. During this step you should provide the name of your GoogleApps domain and the account that will be used to access this domain.
- Create provisioning step. As usual, you should create provisioning step in the selected workflow. Then specify the source system, define the provisioning conditions and select your GoogleApps domain as target. Set the User class as target object type.
And now you can define a target container where the users will be created. You can do it in several ways :
- â€‹The first way is to use Select Container dialog as it is shown on the following pictures:
- The second way is to use a PowerShell script to define the target contaner. For example, to create a new user in R&D container your script must return the following value: "MyGoogleAppsDomain/R&D" where MyGoogleAppsDomain it is the name of your GoogleApps domain.
- And as a final step, don't forget to specify the rule to generate the object name. This name will be used by GoogleApps as login name and as prefix in an e-mail address. Also on the step "Provisioning Rules" you should specify the rules to generate First Name, Last Name and password for newly created user.