When it’s time to migrate your SharePoint content, it can be a daunting task—one that gives even the most seasoned IT professionals pause. Third-party tools, such as Migration Suite for SharePoint, can offer significant flexibility with your migration efforts.
Migration Suite for SharePoint allows you to use a single, agentless tool to move an entire SharePoint environment, as well as Windows file shares and Exchange Public Folders. It also allows you to do the following:
- Migrate and consolidate legacy content to the latest SharePoint version, Office 365, and OneDrive for Business.
- Perform bulk migrations including lists, libraries, sites, site collections, and web parts, as well as granular migrations.
- Build a second farm and migrate bits of content as needed, or restructure sites on the destination farm.
- Map Windows file folder permissions to out-of-the-box SharePoint permission levels to ensure users have access to relevant folders and content.
- Drag and drop Exchange Public Folders and Microsoft Outlook content directly into SharePoint and Office 365.
- Filter content to ensure a clean migration.
Migration Suite for SharePoint is also Azure Certified and available in the new Microsoft Azure Marketplace. You can spin up a virtual machine from the Azure Gallery that has Migration Suite pre-installed. Download the free 30-day trial version of Migration Suite for SharePoint, and don’t forget to leave your comments here, ask questions in the discussions area, or reach out to us on Twitter.