What’s new in beta
- New SharePoint 2007-2010 migration capabilities
- SharePoint Designer workflows - Migration Manager will copy list and library workflows and attach them to target lists automatically. This enables migration of SharePoint applications that often built around no-code workflows created with SharePoint Designer.
- Email alerts - Users will maintain their e-mail subscriptions to content in the migrated sites, lists and libraries.
- Content filtering – You can filter out old and large documents, skip files of forbidden types or trim excessive versions:
- Taxonomy Mapping - With this feature, you can consolidate unmanaged taxonomies in SharePoint 2007 (choice and text fields) to Managed Metadata in SharePoint 2010. All you need to do is to configure the Managed Metadata service (terms and term sets) and add a Managed Metadata site column to the target site. Migration Manager will map matching choice and text site columns (by name) to it automatically.
- Improved migration job management
- Multi-job commands – You can now select multiple migration jobs to start, stop and delete them in a single click. This feature greatly simplifies job management.
How do I get the beta?
If you would like to participate in the beta program, go to https://www.quest.com/community. Sign in with your Quest Community ID, or register to create a new one. Then press the Ask To Join This Group button.You will receive a notification shortly and then get full access to technical content and the beta build itself.
How do I install the beta?
How do I get help?
Please leave your beta feedback, questions and suggestions in the discussion area of the beta group. Feel free to contact the product manager directly firstname.lastname@example.org.