Today is Pi Day!
Now, I know what you’re all thinking, "Pi Day is not a very rational day to begin with, so it's not easy to make any definite plan to celebrate it.” But, fear not, for we have put together a few ideas.
1. Enjoy Some Pie
2. Get Your π On
3. Impress Your Friends with Pi Fun Facts
- William Shanks (1812 – 1882) worked for years, by hand, to find the first 707 digits of π. Sadly, long after his passing another mathematician realized that Shanks had made a mistake at the 527th place. So all the digits were wrong.
- In 1995, Hiroyoki Gotu memorized 42,195 digits and is considered the current π champion.
- In 2002, a Japanese scientist found 1.24 trillion digits of π using a supercomputer.
4. Make Your Office Festive
5. Celebrate Einstein’s Birthday!
What are you doing to celebrate Pi Day? Tell us below in the comments!