I am excited to announce the release of Quest AppAssure 5.4. Our primary goal with AppAssure 5.4, as with all of our product releases, is to keep your data protected and safe from disasters of any kind. We've been working on this version for a while now, but we wanted to make sure we got it right... the first time. With over 50 new enhancements, this is one of the most featured filled releases AppAssure has ever delivered.
So, what's new in 5.4? For starters, this version is faster, more memory efficient, and we squashed a bunch of bugs to provide even more reliability. The GUI is snappier, recovery points load faster, and storing archives are much quicker than ever before.
We have also added or improved support for several platforms. For example:
- The AppAssure agent can now protect Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, RHEL 6.5 and CentOS 6.5.
- Our Linux agent now has full Bare Metal Restore (BMR), Delta Rollback, VM Export and Virtual Standby capabilities.
- Support for UEFI systems has been added, including BMR and automatic partitioning on GPT disks.
- AppAssure 5.4 adds Virtual Standby and Export support for the Oracle Virtual Box environment, and updates support for the VMware vSphere 5.5 and Hyper-V 3.0 platforms.
Let's jump back to the primary goal of AppAssure... keeping your data protected. One of the major enhancements to this release is replication capability, including multi-point and chained replication modes. This lets you seamlessly keep your data protected by safeguarding it in multiple locations, regardless of the complexity of the environment. And with disparate retention policies, you can store as few, or as many recovery points as desired in each location. In a nutshell, AppAssure is improving the backup and recovery process by keeping your data more protected than ever.
We have lots of information posted on the new release, check out the following for more detail:
- Official product documentation: https://support.quest.com/appassure/5.4.3
- Specs, Datasheet, and new technical documentation are on the AppAssure product page
- There are several lively discussions about the new release in the Rapid Recovery forum on the Quest Community.
If you are a current customer, download the new version from the license portal. If you are just investigating AppAssure, see what the commotion is about by downloading a trial or requesting a demo. In either case, make sure you take this opportunity to take data protection to the next level!
Let us know what you think!