What are you doing on March 7 at 3 p.m. EST?! We’ll be at #QGOV on twitter with SharePoint experts Chris McNulty (@CMcNulty2000), Susan Hanley (@SusanHanley) and Chris Beckett (@SharePointBits) discussing governance! We hope you’ll join us on twitter using this hashtag #QGOV to ask your questions about SharePoint governance, participate in the discussion and possibly win $$!
Here are the details:
- TOPIC: SharePoint Governance
- DATE: March 7, 2012
- TIME: 3 p.m. EST – 4 p.m. EST
- LOCATION: https://twitter.com/ using the #QGOV hashtag. You can also use http://www.tweetchat.com/ to easily monitor and participate in the #QGOV chat (see below for directions to use this tool).
- GIVE-A-WAYS: Every 15 minutes we’ll be holding a drawing of all #QGOV participants for a $25 Amazon Gift Card! We’ll announce the winners throughout the twitter chat (see contest rules below)!
- Chris McNulty (@CMcNulty2000) is a strategic product manager for SharePoint Solutions at Quest Software, where his responsibilities include the strategic product direction for Quest’s SharePoint solutions. Chris is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), and a member of the Microsoft Solutions Advocate and MVTSP programs. A frequent speaker at events around the U.S., Chris is the author of the “SharePoint 2010 Consultant’s Handbook – Managed Metadata Service,” and blogs at http://www.chrismcnulty.net/blog/default.aspx and https://www.quest.com/community
- Susan Hanley (@SusanHanley), president of Susan Hanley LLC, is a recognized expert in the design, development, and implementation of successful portal solutions, with a specialization in Microsoft SharePoint. Her consulting practice is dedicated to helping clients achieve high-impact business outcomes with portal and collaboration solutions. She is a frequent writer and speaker on the topic of implementing successful intranet portal solutions, portal strategy, governance, user adoption, and measuring the value of SharePoint investments. Sue is the co-author of Essential SharePoint 2007: Developing High Impact Collaboration Solutions and Essential SharePoint 2010: Overview, Governance, and Planning and writes a blog on SharePoint and Collaboration for Network World Magazine that can be found at http://www.networkworld.com/community/sharepoint. In 2010, she was named one of the Top 50 SharePoint Influencers.
- Chris Beckett (@SharePointBits) is an Information Systems Architect, Consultant and Trainer with 22 years of experience leading the development of enterprise business solutions using rapid application development processes, tools and best practices. He is a Microsoft Certified SharePoint Master and Certified Trainer, and has been a dedicated SharePoint technology specialist since 2003, with expertise in business process automation, enterprise content management, and deployment strategy and governance. He is an active blogger and author, and a frequent speaker at user groups and professional conferences.
How to Participate in a Twitter chat:
- You must first have a twitter account.
- Then you can monitor and participate in the chat using either of these vehicles (there are others out there you may be more comfortable with using if you are a seasoned tweeter)”
- Twitter – login to https://twitter.com/ and perform a search for #QGOV. This will show all the tweets related to our chat. If you want to participate then send a tweet and include #QGOV in the tweet so it appears in our chat.
- TweetChat – go to http://www.tweetchat.com/ and sign in using your Twitter sign in. Then use the search bar at the top to search for #QGOV. All the tweets related to #QGOV will show up here in TweetChat’s interface. You can even send tweets from within this interface using your own handle and best of all it automatically puts #QGOV at the end of all your tweets!
- Once you’ve chosen you preferred method to monitor and participate in the chat – then tweet away!