We just announced our latest release of Migration Suite for SharePoint version 4.6. The release offers some cool new functionality including pre-migration analysis features that we blogged about yesterday. You can learn more about the entire release by checking out the What's New document and the Release Notes attached to this blog post.
But for this blog post, we're going to focus on our ability to migrate from Google Apps.
With Quest Migration Suite, you can move your Google Drive content in bulk quickly and easily to Office 365, SkyDrive Pro and SharePoint on-premises. The new Google Drive module will enable migration of files and documents from both enterprise and personal Google Drives, while retaining valuable metadata and permissions and minimizing data loss, downtime and business disruption. Key capalities include:
- Reduce migration time and complexity using a simple drag-and-drop user interface
- Ensure a high fidelity migration by converting native Google documents (Docs, Sheets and Slides) to the Microsoft Office equivalent (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) on the fly during migration
- Preserve, reassign and add metadata to content as its migrated to make information easier to find and enhance its business value
- Map the security permissions of Google files and folders to SharePoint item and library level permissions automatically to ensure that users have suitable access to content
- Perform scripted bulk migrations to streamline and accelerate projects
Here is a short video showcasing the new Google to SharePoint migration capabilities.