Happy Monday, SharePoint for All community! One thing we constantly hear from our SharePoint customers and industry analysts is that organizations are looking for guidance on how to execute a successful SharePoint migration. They need tips, best practices -- the ideal project plan!
Well, Quest and Summit 7 Systems have teamed up to provide you with your project plan for migrating to SharePoint 2010.
Check out the new white paper below, or you can attend a live webcast this Wednesday, July 11.
White Paper: Best Practices for Migrating to SharePoint 2010
A SharePoint migration can be a seriously risky task – one that can keep any IT professional up at night. Luckily, you don’t have to worry any longer – we are here to help!
In this new white paper, SharePoint expert Jason Miller from Summit 7 Systems explores best practices for migrating to a new version of SharePoint, including:
- Establishing good governance to ensure that migrated content is easy to find and use in the new environment
- Developing an effective communication plan to minimize the impact on end users
- Performing discovery and assessment of your current environment to ensure the right content, and nothing else, gets migrated
- Evaluating your migration options
- Reviewing your requirements for the new version
https://www.quest.com/documents/– you’ll be glad you did when you start your SharePoint migration.
Good luck with your future migrations!
- Dan Gauntner, Product Marketing Manager