Hello and welcome to the new web-based interface we’ve built to assist you with installing Toad for Oracle 12.7. We’re excited about this new User Interface (UI) as it is intended to make for an easier installation process. The following instructions and corresponding video should provide you with the key steps and put you on a path to success.
First, we wanted to give you a list of highlights about our new installer:
- It is a web-based thin client
- Automatically detects and downloads the correct files, based off your alphanumeric license key
- Has ability to detect other Quest products in the Toad suite to download and install
- Will check for the required .NET 4.0 and can install if necessary
We also want to mention, for those who have issues streaming the installation through this new UI, we still have the Toad for Oracle downloadable installation available on our Quest Support Portal https://support.quest.com/toad-for-oracle/12.10
And now, on to a successful installation:
1. After selecting and launching the streaming web installer, you will be brought to the Quest License Agreement window. In the top right corner, there is the language selection. From this picker, you can select English or Chinese when running the installer.
2. In the left pane, there is a “How to Install Toad for Oracle” video link that launches this video that you are currently watching. After reviewing the agreement, select the “I accept these terms” radio button and click on the Next button. The next screen displayed is the “View and add License” screen.
3. You will need your License key and Site Message to continue and complete this install. This information was originally sent in an email when the product was purchased. If you cannot locate their license credentials information, in the lower left corner, there is a License Assistance link that can retrieve this information. Copy and paste your License key into the left field. Your license key is a long alphanumeric string.
4. Next, copy and paste your Site Message into the right field. When the licensing authorization process has been executed properly, you will see the details for the license entered in the lower half of the window. Additional License keys can be entered by clicking on the Add button. Multiple key entries will be listed under the license and site message fields.
It is this license key information the steaming web installer uses to display only the products that can be authorized after downloading. In this example, a Toad for Oracle DBA Suite license will be used.
5. Click the Next button. The next screen will allow the selection of Dell Products to install. As stated earlier, only those products displayed are associated to the license key from the previous window.
6. Looking at the Status column will inform the status of the product if it has been installed earlier or will be able to be installed. Highlighting a product will give information and details regarding the product in the right pane. After reading this information, you can select the products to be installed by checking the appropriate box under the Select column.
7. Finally, in the lower left corner, is the path for the install root folder.
A quick note: All products will be installed under the new unified install location. In this example, the above products are installed into Toad for Oracle 2015 Suite folder.
After making the product selections, click the Install button.
8. If a product needs be elevated to an Administrator during UAC, the user is prompted. In the next window, the product is downloaded and is installed in background. A status bar along with text informs the user of the download/install position. If multiple products were selected, this process is repeated until all products are downloaded and installed.
When all products have been downloaded and installed properly, the Finish window will appear. This window informs the user of the many advantages being a part of the Toad community. In addition, there is a link, Launch Toad World, where you can become part the Toad community.
9. Click the Finish button. From the Start button, you will see any legacy products under the Dell folder. Any products installed with this new installer will be installed under the Toad for Oracle 2015 Suite folder.
10. When using the Windows Explorer, the above concept is the same when searching for the products’ Install location as well.
Looking for more? Check out our Tech Brief: "Toad for Oracle Tips and Tricks"!