This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is a "Base, Incremental" and can I delete them?

Hi All,

As you can see in the picture below out repository is full. 85% of the data is a customers replication to our AppAssure environment. I'm trying to cleanup some of the old base's and came across the type of "Base, Incremental". Can someone please explain what this type is and whether they can be deleted if there is a later base, or can older bases be deleted.

i.e. is it a base image or an incremental. The sizes suggest base.

Regards

Jason

• Jason,

A base, incremental status means that the recovery point contains at least one base image of a volume and one incremental of a volume. Hence the joint status. If you click the arrow (>) at the left of the recovery point it will show you the volumes and which one is an incremental and which is a base. If you are trying to clean up your recovery points so that you only have one base image, you should use the delete range function and delete the range of recovery points prior to the most recent base (in your case 11/17/2015). That will then rollup the recovery points so that it keeps the base image for the volumes that don't have a base as of 9/11/2016 and will delete the base for the volumes that have a base image in that 9/11 recovery point.

If you select the oldest base and delete it you will see it be removed and all incremental recovery points for any volume that does not have a base image in the 9/11 recovery point (since the software removes all incrementals that become invalid when you delete a base image).

Does that make sense?