This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating Snapshot creates error in SQL, preventing future snapshots

Greetings,

I've come across a problem where when I create a snapshot of my server with two SQL databases on it, future snapshots of the same server fail until I restart the SQL servers.

From troubleshooting, I've deduced that the failure is because the SQL log files are unable to be found post snapshot for some reason. After restarting, the log files are fine, but after backing up I cannot detach them nor take a back-up for this reason (the event logs cite missing log file, Event ID 9001). Once I restart, everything becomes fine once again.

I've searched Google for the better part of a day now and still have no solution to this problem. Any ideas?

• Have you tried disabling auto close? (Open SQL management studio -> select db -> right click -> properties -> options -> Auto close = false) Also try running a database check to make sure there isn't something wrong with your DBs - DBCC CHECKDB ('DBName' ); Hopefully one of those two will help resolve the issue or at least point you more towards the problem.
  • This appears to have done it! A few had that set to true and once all were false I was able to snapshot three times in a row, so looks like it's fixed. Thanks!