This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import from an AppAssure Archive

My overall goal is to spin up an individual machine in VMware from an AppAssure archive.

To this point, I have used very little of the archive functionality. After navigating to Tools > Archive > Import, I enter the location of my archive (connected USB drive), select the desired machine, and then I am supposed to click Import. My question is, "What happens when I click import?" I cannot find an answer to this question in any AppAssure documentation. Does it import the archive as a separate machine in the AppAssure Core? Does it overwrite the corresponding machine in the AppAssure Core? I'd be surprised if the latter was the case, but I need to make sure before moving forward.

Thanks,

Phil

• If you're importing to an existing Core and existing repository which contains the same protected machine, the imported RPs will re-align itself with the existing recovery point chain. You will then need to verify the retention policy because those newly imported RPs will just get rolled up if that is not adjusted.

If you import into a brand new, no protection and empty repository Core, the imported archive will display as a Recovery Points Only machine. The recovery points can be viewed and the worked with as desired.

I would recommend using the Rapid Recovery attach archive feature if you have any archives created with Rapid Recovery. More information is found in the user guide and this KB article: support.quest.com/.../180551