This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VCenter permissions

I have a question regarding the necessary permissions to export a vm from Rapid Recovery. I have a tech that I would like to test the backups of our customers once a month. A simple export of the VM to and ESXi host and then having the tech boot the machine and at least get to the login prompt. If we get that far I am considering that verified. The issue I am running into is that I want to give the tech just enough permissions to do the restore.  At this point he can start the export job and choose a resource pool and all of those options. But once he goes to finish and have it exported, it fails immediately.

At this point we know he can access VCenter and has full VM permissions as well as full inventory permissions. However this is apparently not enough. The error I get just basically says to check permissions.

Does anyone know the specific permissions needed inside of VCenter to successfully complete a VM export?

Thanks in advance.

• The list of minimum permissions needed for full feature use of Rapid Recovery is located here:

support.quest.com/.../190381

As far as needing something more granular than that I don't believe we have documented. However if you are creating a new VM (the export) you'd need VC, host, datastore and resource permissions, and the ability to create, modify, allocate, and inventory all of those I'd imagine.

I know this is not a granular list, however that is our list of minimum permissions needed without just being an 'admin' of your environment.