This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot protect machine because RR says it's already protected.

We are protecting our VM's agentlessly and only have 1 VM that's causing issues. Whenever I try to add it to protection, RR says it's already protected. This VM has never been protected before so I don't know what's causing RR to think that. We deploy all of our machines via templates so I know it's not a duplicate SID issue or else we would have seen it before. Is there somewhere I can check to get more info on why RR is saying this? Or even better, remedy the situation?

Parents
  • Hmmm there are no recovery point only entries and I don't think the error logs are verbose enough to say whether or not this is a duplicate GUID or UUID issue.

Yes I should probably install the agent on this but you are correct in that it doesn't solve the main issue here (one which may appear again in the future).

If you think of anywhere else to check please let me know!
  • Hmmm there are no recovery point only entries and I don't think the error logs are verbose enough to say whether or not this is a duplicate GUID or UUID issue.

Yes I should probably install the agent on this but you are correct in that it doesn't solve the main issue here (one which may appear again in the future).

If you think of anywhere else to check please let me know!
Children
No Data