This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to export VM to remote Hyper-V Server

Every time I try to get do a VM export (one-time or continual), I get this error:

"Cannot connect to the Hyper-V server 'hosthv02' using the specified credentials. Please make sure the user name and password are correct."

These are the settings I'm entering into the VM export wizard:

Hyper-V host name: hosthv02

Desired port: 8010

User Name:  [User Name of Domain Admin account]

Password: *********************************

Port 8010 is the default value but I don't see anything listening on that port on the Hyper-V server. There is no firewall between the RapidRecovery server and the Hyper-v server; just a couple of network switches.

Does the RapidRecovery Core have to be installed on the remote Hyper-V server?

Is there something I need to configure on the Hyper-V server?

Parents
  • Try a DOMAIN\USER format instead of just user. Also try using the server IP instead of the FQDN.

You do not need anything installed on the host but the setup is kind of flaky sometimes. I have some that work with FQDNand others that don't. Same with the Domain/user

• Try a DOMAIN\USER format instead of just user. Also try using the server IP instead of the FQDN.

You do not need anything installed on the host but the setup is kind of flaky sometimes. I have some that work with FQDNand others that don't. Same with the Domain/user

Children
No Data