Support for Windows Server 2019

I've recently attempted to install the Quest agent (Core 6.1.3.100) on a fresh instance of Windows Server 2019, the agent "installs" however the machine doesn't reboot successfully (goes into boot loop). I have attempted a repair install of the agent but get the same results.

Has anyone successfully installed and protected a Server 2019 machine?  I don't see any official mention of 2019 being supported yet. 

Parents
  • Do we have any idea when full support for Windows Server 2019 (ReFS) & RHEL 8 is ready?

• RHEL 8 is slated for our 6.5 release which will hopefully happen in July/August of this year. The Rapid Recovery Team is evaluating the development schedule for REFS support in Server 2019 and a release date should be available soon. 

• Hi, it's been a few days now, but ReFS still doesn't seem to be supported?
    Is there already a prospect for a new release or do I have to deal seriously with Veeam?

• The Rapid Recovery Development team has been working with Microsoft on resolving an outstanding issue with the Rapid Recovery filter driver and a bugcheck in Windows Server 2019 when attaching to an REFS volume. They are close to a final resolution, but we still don’t have specific timeline for resolution. As soon as the fix is ready we plan to publish a patch to make support of REFS available in Server 2019. Thank you for your continued patience.

• Thank you for the heads up. Greatly appreciated.

Any issues that arose from supporting rhel/centos 8?

• I see version 6.5 is out but it still doesnt support ReFS on Server 2019.  Can you please give an update?  This is a critical issue as many clients have ReFS volumes on Server 2019.

• This is a Gripe but also a Warning.

Unfortunately I miss the above note and am now dealing with a dead exchange server that I though was backed up with a reliable backup software.

I would just like to make two points.

Firstly the log files (essential for recovering a corrupt main data base) on an NTFS partition, had a number of log files missing when restored, so not just the corrupted main data base on the ReFS drive so there may be an issue with backing up Exchange 2019 also. 

Secondly why doesn't Rapid recovery send an error message/warning when it is backing up the known unsupported ReFS. That way someone like me me who missed the fine print initially can change to a another product for backup then they see the warning in the backup logs, rather than finding out after the server has been lost due to a Microsoft update. Wouldn't this be something a responsible backup software provide should do.

Not claiming it is not my fault for missing the fine print, just disappointed at being caught out with out any notification from the software. Even the errors Rapid gave took a lot of digging before I found the possibility it was the ReFS issue.

I'm sure Rapid will resolve this issue in the future.

Thank you

• This is a Gripe but also a Warning.

Unfortunately I miss the above note and am now dealing with a dead exchange server that I though was backed up with a reliable backup software.

I would just like to make two points.

Firstly the log files (essential for recovering a corrupt main data base) on an NTFS partition, had a number of log files missing when restored, so not just the corrupted main data base on the ReFS drive so there may be an issue with backing up Exchange 2019 also. 

Secondly why doesn't Rapid recovery send an error message/warning when it is backing up the known unsupported ReFS. That way someone like me me who missed the fine print initially can change to a another product for backup then they see the warning in the backup logs, rather than finding out after the server has been lost due to a Microsoft update. Wouldn't this be something a responsible backup software provide should do.

Not claiming it is not my fault for missing the fine print, just disappointed at being caught out with out any notification from the software. Even the errors Rapid gave took a lot of digging before I found the possibility it was the ReFS issue.

I'm sure Rapid will resolve this issue in the future.

Thank you

Children
No Data