Account permissions needed for protecting machine?

Good  evening. Forgive me if I missed this in documentation, but I haven't been able to find out what the required permissions for accounts used by Rapid Recovery.

I installed the agent on my Hyper-V cluster hosts, and see that the service runs as "local system". 
My question is about the account used when applying protection to my guests.  Can this be a domain account with "back operators" permissions, or will more permissions be required?  I realize that many people will just run this with a Domain admin account, but I want to ensure that we're operating in an environment of least privilege.

Thanks,

Kevin

Parents
  • When protecting machines, you need to use an account with local administrator privileges on the HyperV cluster. So you could use a domain account that is not a member of Domain Admins but is a local administrator on each of the nodes in your HyperV cluster. That should provide the necessary permissions for backup but not give that account global rights within your domain.

• When protecting machines, you need to use an account with local administrator privileges on the HyperV cluster. So you could use a domain account that is not a member of Domain Admins but is a local administrator on each of the nodes in your HyperV cluster. That should provide the necessary permissions for backup but not give that account global rights within your domain.

Children
No Data