What is "queuedFileVersions" ? Is it bad to have a large number? What does it mean?

I have a powershell script provided by support that generates a nice HTML report. I have it run daily. I'm wondering what this particular field, queuedFileVersions, means. Also,  QueuedRPFSFiles and QueuedRPFSSize. What's the optimal number? What do they mean? Is it useful to monitor these fields, and see how backed-up or queued-up a repository is?

Google / this KB has little to no info about what these fields mean.

QueuedRPFSfiles QueuedFileVersions QueuedRPFSSize

Parents
  • Hello Wabyarla,

Here is what each of these fields means.

QueuedFileVersions: A file version is an abstract name for volume images in a repository. This is the value for the abstract volume images in the queue for deletion.

QueuedRPFSFiles: RPFS stands for Recovery Point File System. This is the number of records that need to be processed. Each RPFS file contains a list of file versions for deletion.

QueuedRPFSSize: This is the size of these file versions in bytes. It is a summary size of all data to be removed, but it is a max RAW capacity of all volumes. It will be less because of free space in volumes, deduplication, and compression in a real scenario.

Since the value of these fields will vary depending on the size of the machines, protection schedules, retention policies, deduplication, and compression, there is no optimal number. However, if you consider that these jobs are not running optimally, I recommend opening a Service Request with support for further assistance.

I hope this answers your inquiries. If not, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Luciano Guerra

• Hello Wabyarla,

Here is what each of these fields means.

QueuedFileVersions: A file version is an abstract name for volume images in a repository. This is the value for the abstract volume images in the queue for deletion.

QueuedRPFSFiles: RPFS stands for Recovery Point File System. This is the number of records that need to be processed. Each RPFS file contains a list of file versions for deletion.

QueuedRPFSSize: This is the size of these file versions in bytes. It is a summary size of all data to be removed, but it is a max RAW capacity of all volumes. It will be less because of free space in volumes, deduplication, and compression in a real scenario.

Since the value of these fields will vary depending on the size of the machines, protection schedules, retention policies, deduplication, and compression, there is no optimal number. However, if you consider that these jobs are not running optimally, I recommend opening a Service Request with support for further assistance.

I hope this answers your inquiries. If not, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Luciano Guerra

Children