Error: The attachability check has failed, No log files were found for this database

Hey guys,

Im new to your Backupsoftware and i want to get rid of this error which pops up every night.

I'm not even sure if this error is critical or not.

Exception chain:

The attachability check for SQL database 'X1' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X2' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X3' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X4' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check has failed for the protected machine <Servername>

One or more SQL databases have failed the attachability check

One or more errors occurred.

In the logs of AppRecovery on the affected server i found this section:

WARN 2022-04-14T02:37:16 [29] - Replay.Common.Implementation.Sql.AttachabilityCheck.DatabaseAttachabilityCheckHelper ()
Can't add permission for NT Service\MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS to the C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\MountPoints\XY

But the name in the log file on the affected client is not the same as in the error message shown above. So i assume this has nothing to do with error message above.

Can you help me with this?

Best regards

Simon

Parents
  • Just throwing in some food for thought, I'm not an expert on the SQL attachability check - I honestly never really turned it on. I never turned it on however as SQL Express is not supported: https://support.quest.com/technical-documents/rapid-recovery/6.1.3/user-guide/35

These errors might not correlate, however I can't help but wonder if there is a missing config file, .dll, something, as the product has always said 'licensed' SQL for both the protected machine, and the one doing the check. 

I know it isn't a popular opinion, however that very well could be why you're getting warnings. I'll admit, I'm reading your errors that says Express right in it, so I 'assume' at this point it is free SQL. Which may or may not work, however if the documentation says licensed on it, it's probably not intended to work. 

Not a popular popular opinion, sorry Simon. It is an honest one though. Cheers, good luck. 

• Just throwing in some food for thought, I'm not an expert on the SQL attachability check - I honestly never really turned it on. I never turned it on however as SQL Express is not supported: https://support.quest.com/technical-documents/rapid-recovery/6.1.3/user-guide/35

These errors might not correlate, however I can't help but wonder if there is a missing config file, .dll, something, as the product has always said 'licensed' SQL for both the protected machine, and the one doing the check. 

I know it isn't a popular opinion, however that very well could be why you're getting warnings. I'll admit, I'm reading your errors that says Express right in it, so I 'assume' at this point it is free SQL. Which may or may not work, however if the documentation says licensed on it, it's probably not intended to work. 

Not a popular popular opinion, sorry Simon. It is an honest one though. Cheers, good luck. 

Children
No Data