This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cannot acknowledge alarm

I am using spotlight for SQL Server enterprise (12.3.0.9776). I have a "SQL Server connection Failure alarm that I want to acknowledge but whatever I do, the alarm stays active.  I have tried acknowledging the individual alarms as well as "Status". What are my options to clear this alarm? 

• Hi,

Normally, connection failure alarms will re-trigger as long as the connection is down in Spotlight. If the connection is not down, then I'd like to see the alarm message in its entirety. Could you copy the entire alarm message here? Thanks.

Gita
    Spotlight Team

• the server in question didn't actually go down, there was just a communication failure between the diagnostic server and the server in question. at the time, all monitored servers showed they were down and I was able to clear all alarms except one. here is the full message below.

Severity Alarm Message Raised Cleared
    High Monitored Server - SQL Server Connection Failure Cannot connect to SQL Server instance 'servername' : A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.) : The specified network name is no longer available [64] (requires acknowledgement) 10/18/2018 8:01:56 PM 10/18/2018 8:02:56 PM

• Could you restart the Spotlight Diagnostic Server services and let me know if alarm gets cleared. 

Gita

• HI Gita,

thanks for replying. after I got the full message for you i decided to try again and turns out I was able to clear it now. i tried a few times last night and multiple times this morning with no success,  but now it worked. i didn't not restart diagnostic server in between. i don't know what to say.

Thanks anyway