Using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) with STAT

We are looking to transition servers and databases to the cloud; most likely this would be a hybrid. Any STAT customers out there using STAT with either the agents running in the cloud or databases in the cloud? We would like to know your experiences and any issues while making the transition.

Thanks, Tim

• Hi Tim,  I am using Stat with OCI on EBS 12.2.9 instances with Oracle managing the instances.  Are you using Stat for EBS or Peoplesoft?  It does have some challenges.  Maybe better to discuss via phone.  We are community friends, so please sent me a message if you are interested in discussing over the phone.

Regards.  Tom

• Stat is a software application that can be installed on top of an Operating System; if your Cloud provides supports for the major Operating Systems (Windows, Linux...), then Stat can be installed on top of these operating systems.

Basically, Stat works the same way as being in a virtualized environment, but usually being on Cloud you will naturally need more network support since you will need to open firewall ports or translate IP Addresses. In this case, this is completely outside of Stat and your network team or the Cloud provider network team should be involved.

We do have customers that moved their applications and DBs to OCI, taking into consideration the ports that need to be open for communication. 

You have to configure your EBS instance in Maintenance | General | Oracle Connect and your Oracle Stat DB from the Stat Central Agent Configuration Page, as described in the Upgrade Notes.

Please note, each Stat Central Agent configuration is linked to one Oracle Stat DB (1:1 relation).

• Just be aware for any Stat infrastructure where the Stat components are located in different locations, expect to see it take a little longer to complete migrations.
    Expect it to take at least twice as long when the Stat Central Agent and repository are located in different data centers from your Stat agents.

For me, I have see it take 6 times longer on average.

Meaning an migration that takes 1 second when components are all in the same data center now can take 6 seconds when separated.
    May not sound like much but when migrating hundreds or thousand of objects it adds up.

Physical location is the issue not Stat.