Using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) with STAT

We are looking to transition servers and databases to the cloud; most likely this would be a hybrid. Any STAT customers out there using STAT with either the agents running in the cloud or databases in the cloud? We would like to know your experiences and any issues while making the transition.

Thanks, Tim

Parents
  • Hi Tim,  I am using Stat with OCI on EBS 12.2.9 instances with Oracle managing the instances.  Are you using Stat for EBS or Peoplesoft?  It does have some challenges.  Maybe better to discuss via phone.  We are community friends, so please sent me a message if you are interested in discussing over the phone.

Regards.  Tom

• Hi Tim,  I am using Stat with OCI on EBS 12.2.9 instances with Oracle managing the instances.  Are you using Stat for EBS or Peoplesoft?  It does have some challenges.  Maybe better to discuss via phone.  We are community friends, so please sent me a message if you are interested in discussing over the phone.

Regards.  Tom

Children
  • Just be aware for any Stat infrastructure where the Stat components are located in different locations, expect to see it take a little longer to complete migrations.
    Expect it to take at least twice as long when the Stat Central Agent and repository are located in different data centers from your Stat agents.

For me, I have see it take 6 times longer on average.

Meaning an migration that takes 1 second when components are all in the same data center now can take 6 seconds when separated.
    May not sound like much but when migrating hundreds or thousand of objects it adds up.

Physical location is the issue not Stat.