This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to properly create backup for Microsoft SQL Database?

Hello,

I have question about Quest vRanger. How is possible create proper backup for Microsoft SQL Database server? I mean transaction logs, .... Thanks.

Tomas

Parents
  • Hello Tomas, 

It is possible, the default configuration can help you backup databases normally with simple recovery model. To perform the backup of bulk-logged or full databases, we would need to tweak the vRanger quiesce script. Due to the complexity, I would rather recommend you to create a support case if possible and we can gladly help you on a remote session to accomplish what you are trying to do.  

• Hello Tomas, 

It is possible, the default configuration can help you backup databases normally with simple recovery model. To perform the backup of bulk-logged or full databases, we would need to tweak the vRanger quiesce script. Due to the complexity, I would rather recommend you to create a support case if possible and we can gladly help you on a remote session to accomplish what you are trying to do.  

Children
No Data