group job throws error due to host which does not exist anymore

Hi community

recently I deleted a VM. After removing the VM in ESXi it did not show up anymore in vRanger.

It was member of a backup group however. 

Now whenever the group job runs it throws an error message:

The job <JOBNAME> was unable to create a task for <DELETED SERVER>.

The inventory item <DELETED SERVER>(ID:vm-6299) was not found for group >BACKUPGROUP>.

Can you please help me deleting this <DELETED SERVER> from the backup job/group?

It does not show up anymore in vRanger.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Claudio

Parents
  • Hello Claudio, 

You should have the backup group in your inventory. Edit the backup group and remove the VM from it. Whenever you set up a backup group, it keeps the VM ID (in your case, VM-6299) in the database. So it will keep trying to take a backup of that VM while the ID is still on the backup group. 

If you do not know which backup group that VM was located on, just expand them. The VM name should show up in color gray and cursive as it should be "inaccessible".

Please let me know if this helps. 

• Hello Claudio, 

You should have the backup group in your inventory. Edit the backup group and remove the VM from it. Whenever you set up a backup group, it keeps the VM ID (in your case, VM-6299) in the database. So it will keep trying to take a backup of that VM while the ID is still on the backup group. 

If you do not know which backup group that VM was located on, just expand them. The VM name should show up in color gray and cursive as it should be "inaccessible".

Please let me know if this helps. 

Children