Welcome to the Quest® QoreStor® data protection MSP blog series. In this three-part series, we’ll discuss QoreStor and its wide range of solution options within the market, all of which have the potential to bring MSPs new business opportunities and revenue streams.
In part one, we’ll discuss how data growth and storage is an increasingly important business concern for companies, especially with rising costs in the energy sector.
A win-win for MSPs and their customers
As an MSP, you’re focused on how to manage your increasing customer data whilst protecting margins and growing your business. All the while, your customer is struggling to figure out the what-where-how of data protection. This allows you, as an MSP, to add value by looking after their data, performing recoveries and getting the problem off their plate.
This offers you the opportunity to augment your services to include a storage management line of business: expanding your customer diversity, opening up new revenue streams and increasing margin capability.
Help customers ensure compliance, strengthen disaster recovery and reduce their ransomware risk.
Storage management solution offerings cover several key storage concerns for businesses:
- Compliance: Companies don’t like the idea of keeping aging backups on expensive primary storage, but due to legal and compliance regulations, they’re not yet ready to discard the data, either.
- Disaster recovery: Storing backups in multiple locations increases risk.
- Ransomware: Smart companies are thinking about where to store their data and how to restore it in case it is taken hostage. Well-designed levels beyond primary storage play an important role in surviving an attack.
Profitable data protection as a managed service
The path to profitability lies in combining the storage you already manage as a service — whether it’s on premises, cloud-based or hybrid — with the deduplication, compression and encryption of QoreStor.
- QoreStor lets you shrink your data-storage footprint by as much as a 20:1 ratio, so you can store more of your customers’ data at a lower cost.
- With QoreStor, you can securely and confidently replicate backups to the cloud or any remote site for disaster recovery, reducing replication time by up to 10 times or more.
- QoreStor protects data with built-in encryption at rest, secure erase and FIPS 140-2 compliance. You can assure your customers that their data is safe.
Learn more about growing your data protection offerings with QoreStor
In part two, we will look at adding more lines of business using QoreStor.