This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

my controlpoint online application no longer populates with site collections

Your help is needed for the following issue.

my controlpoint online application no longer populates with site collections. we've recently updated our admin passwords.  xcAdmin log attached

for note:

spfarm_prod = global admin acct

spfarm_stage = app pool service acct

Thank you for assistance,

Eric Robinson

• Hi Eric, Just an FYI I removed your XCadmin log file because this is a public forum and it does have your license key in it. I have reached out to another team member and they will answer your technical query here.

Best Regards

Patrick

• Thank you so much! I didn't realize it was public​.

Eric

• Yes anything you post in the discussion area can be viewed by all clients. Anything in the other tabs, like your active cases etc... can only be viewed by you or people in your company.

Thanks

Pat

• Hi Eric here is the response form my colleague Paul McNally

Hello Eric,

The ControlPoint Online console may still be trying to open these sites under the context of the old admin account's password, and may be throwing access errors blocking us from displaying those sites. Can you take the below steps to update the admin account within ControlPoint Online?

1) Navigate to the server where you originally installed the On-Prem components for the application.

2) Navigate to <C:\Program Files\Metalogix\ControlPoint Online\AxcelerFeature>, and run the xcClient.exe application as an administrator.

3) If the identity of the service account hasn't changed, click "Changed or Renewed the Terms of your ControlPoint License", then click "Record License Info".

4) This should take you to an .aspx page requesting the ID and password of the service account. Enter the new password here, and click "Configure".

There's also an additional log file specific to ControlPoint Online at <C:\Program Files\Metalogix\Controlpoint Online\Layouts\Axceler\log>, separate from the one you originally attached. If you're still seeing issues, please send that log to me directly and I can look for any other issues that might be blocking us.

Thank You,

Paul McNally

• Hi Pat, Referring to the instructions below: 1) Navigate to the server where you originally installed the On-Prem components for the application. 2) Navigate to >, and run the xcClient.exe application as an administrator. ControlPoint On-Prem is on server 1321 ControlPoint Online is on 1323 xcClient.exe is not on in the above path on 1321 but rather on 1323, which I’ve run. It looks like some of the site collections have returned but certainly not all. Also, when attempting to access ControPoint Configuration Settings, I get the following error: ControlPoint Configuration site is not accessible. When I try to execute a site permission report, I get this error: Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. Is this the proper email to reply with the xc.Admin.log? Thanks, Eric Robinson O&M Sharepoint
  • Hi Pat/Paul, Referring to the instructions below: 1) Navigate to the server where you originally installed the On-Prem components for the application. 2) Navigate to >, and run the xcClient.exe application as an administrator. ControlPoint On-Prem is on server 1321 ControlPoint Online is on 1323 xcClient.exe is not on in the above path on 1321 but rather on 1323, which I’ve run. It looks like some of the site collections have returned but certainly not all. Also, when attempting to access ControPoint Configuration Settings, I get the following error: ControlPoint Configuration site is not accessible. When I try to execute a site permission report, I get this error: Server was unable to process request. ---> Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. Is this the proper email to reply with the xc.Admin.log? Thanks, Eric Robinson O&M Sharepoint