This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We have an issue where our CP online site permission reports are coming back blank with no info - reports/xmls attached. Thank you for you assistance

We have an issue where our CP online site permission reports are coming back blank with no info - reports/xmls attached. Thank you for you assistance
  • Hi Eric,

ControlPoint Permissions report are pulled out directly from the SharePoint environment, unless they have been configured to use cached data. Please refer to the link below for additional information:

Cached vs Real-Time reports

www.metalogix.com/.../Using_ControlPoint_effectively_in_a_large_SharePoint_farm.pdf

If the "Use cached data" option is not checked when running the report and it does not display any data, I suggest you to perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Generate a SharePoint Permissions report using the same account running the ControlPoint Permissions report. Below are some articles you may refer to for instructions:

SharePoint Permissions Report - All user permissions from Web App to Item level

gallery.technet.microsoft.com/.../SharePoint-Permissions-f42ea9db

SharePoint: User Permissions detail report for a Web Application

gallery.technet.microsoft.com/.../SharePoint-Access-Report-ac5e8235

Still not getting any data on the SharePoint Permissions report indicates that it is likely an environmental issue. Otherwise, please refer to the next step.

2. Run the ControlPoint Permission report using the ControlPoint service account to check if it's a permission-related issue.

3. Check the xcAdmin.log for any error.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Cyrus

• Hi Cyrus, We have a case that may be still open #00149219. If it has been closed, we would like it reopened. We had a situation where we were told that CP on-prem and online had to be on separate servers and to rerun the license manager for each instance. Now, even doing so, CP online reports are coming back blank. Also, since this is CP online, cached reports are not an option (greyed out). I have attached an email I sent to Paul for #001149219 with contains the xcAdmin.log for CP online which shows errors coming from CP on-prem(:1818) which again, is on a separate server. We appreciate your assistance with this issue. Thank you, Eric Robinson O&M Sharepoint
  • Hi Eric,

For the Site Permissions report in ControlPoint Online, please try logging into ControlPoint online with an account that has the SharePoint Admin role on your tenant. The site permissions report requires some additional rights to be able to read permissions off of the site collections in the tenant and sometimes Site Collection Admin rights are not sufficient but the SharePoint Admin role should work.

Please let me know how it goes, thanks!

Regards,

Siam Rochanavichit

Metalogix

• Hi Siam, We’re getting the following error when attempting to login with the SharePoint Admin account. [cid:image001.png@01D34F3E.D30EDE50] Attached is the xcAdmin.log Thank you, Eric Robinson O&M Sharepoint