Printer stopped working after domain migration

Hi,

We are getting one weird issue, as printer installed in user's profile stopped working after domain migration. As a workaround we need to remove printers and re-add. let me add here is that NETBIOS is not an issue as we can access print server by NETBIOS name only and re-connect printer after migration.

Any help which save our efforts in re-adding printers for all migrated users.

Thanks!!

Parents
  • I had a similar issue recently - the printers needed to be added using the FQDN of the print server rather than just the short name.  In our case the print server hosts were remaining in the source domain.  Also worth checking that the ACLs on the print queues were updated.  Our's were ACL'd with the Domain Users group so we had to migrate that group using QMM and re-ACL the print queues.

• I had a similar issue recently - the printers needed to be added using the FQDN of the print server rather than just the short name.  In our case the print server hosts were remaining in the source domain.  Also worth checking that the ACLs on the print queues were updated.  Our's were ACL'd with the Domain Users group so we had to migrate that group using QMM and re-ACL the print queues.

Children
No Data