Agent not detecting SQL server instance

We are on version 6.1.3.100.  I might have installed the agent on our new SQL vm (server 2016) before SQL was installed.   All I know is; backups are working, but I see no SQL data in the Summary View in Rapid Recovery webpage.  

How do I force the agent to check for a SQL installl?  (need to reinstall the agent?) or repair?

thanks,

Parents
  • What version of SQL is installed? The newest version of SQL that is supported and detected by the 6.1.3 agent is SQL 2016. So if you installed 2017 or newer on that machine then the software will not detect it. You'll need to upgrade to a newer version of Rapid Recovery in order for it to be detected.

• ok, you hit the nail on the head.  SQL 2017 is what we have.   ok, I've been putting off upgrade as my Domain Controllers have agent version 5.3.2.61676 on them, and I think anything past 6.1 will need that to be newer.  and I didn't want to install/mess with my DCs.  Now I have to!

anything I should consider before the upgrade of those agents? (they will need a reboot, correct?)

• ok, you hit the nail on the head.  SQL 2017 is what we have.   ok, I've been putting off upgrade as my Domain Controllers have agent version 5.3.2.61676 on them, and I think anything past 6.1 will need that to be newer.  and I didn't want to install/mess with my DCs.  Now I have to!

anything I should consider before the upgrade of those agents? (they will need a reboot, correct?)

Children