Agent not detecting SQL server instance

We are on version 6.1.3.100.  I might have installed the agent on our new SQL vm (server 2016) before SQL was installed.   All I know is; backups are working, but I see no SQL data in the Summary View in Rapid Recovery webpage.  

How do I force the agent to check for a SQL installl?  (need to reinstall the agent?) or repair?

thanks,

Parents Reply
  • Tim, so our rapid-recovery core version was 6.2.1 and I recently upgraded to 6.4. Prior to me upgrading my coworker upgraded some of the agents from the core using the wizard but they all failed after reboot. He also said he attempted to upgrade each agent individually by installing rapid-recovery on the server. Again he said it failed upon reboot. So he did not attempt to go further. However I had success in upgrading the core to 6.4 and our backups are without error and no fails. So I guess my question is could I upgrade the agents from their current version of 6.1.3.100 and 6.2.1.100 with fail after reboot? Or do you know of any known issues people run into when doing this? We are live 22 hours out of the day so this would have to be done during break for install and reboot. Which also means don't have much time for fail. :) 

Children