Error: The attachability check has failed, No log files were found for this database

Hey guys,

Im new to your Backupsoftware and i want to get rid of this error which pops up every night.

I'm not even sure if this error is critical or not.

Exception chain:

The attachability check for SQL database 'X1' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X2' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X3' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check for SQL database 'X4' of instance 'SQLEXPRESS' failed. No log files were found for this database

The attachability check has failed for the protected machine <Servername>

One or more SQL databases have failed the attachability check

One or more errors occurred.

In the logs of AppRecovery on the affected server i found this section:

WARN 2022-04-14T02:37:16 [29] - Replay.Common.Implementation.Sql.AttachabilityCheck.DatabaseAttachabilityCheckHelper ()
Can't add permission for NT Service\MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS to the C:\ProgramData\AppRecovery\MountPoints\XY

But the name in the log file on the affected client is not the same as in the error message shown above. So i assume this has nothing to do with error message above.

Can you help me with this?

Best regards

Simon

Parents
  • For the message "No log files were found for this database" the first thing I recommend is to make sure the volume where the database log file resides is protected and within the same protection group as to where the rest of the database files are. 

In order to do that click the agent, you are having problems with, and then go to the summary page, if the volume where the logs is in a different protection group or has not been protected it will look something like this: 

if that is the case, you need to checkmark all the volumes that have database files and then click "set a schedule" and set the protection schedule you want for them and save. From that point forward every time it takes a backup all the volumes will be in the same protection group and you should not see any warning or error message anymore. 

It will look more like this, just a single row for all the volumes

• Hello Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

In my unterstanding this is already set as you describe it, unfortunately i can't paste my screenshot in here but it looks like your second image. And a schedule is set for the whole group as well.

Do you have another hint, which could generate this error? In case this database wouldn't exist anymore on the server, the error message would be another one right?

Best regards

Simon

• If it is already set in the same protection group, the next step would be to confirm the log file is in fact being backup. In order to do so you need to check the log file location for the databases X1, X2, X3, and X4 and then mount the recovery point of the volume where they are supposed to be and confirm if the log files are there or not. 

Another thing to try is to try to attach the database manually by mounting the recovery point and from the SQL Management Studio attach it.

• Hi Victor,

I created a recovery point and the log files of the databases are getting backed up. I copied some of the databases then to my local computer and tried to attach them in  SQL Management Studio and that worked as well (after some work to get the correct user rights etc.)

I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have some "yellow dots" under "SQL Server Information":

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5n501hsypfg59xo/sql_server_yellow_dots.png?dl=0

I feel like an idiot but I am not able to insert images in this post, that's why I uploaded the image on dropbox for you. Hope this helps..

Best regards

Simon

Reply Children