This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

A/D report with expiration dates - not reporting all user objects

I started with the AD report "Account Expiration Date".

I am trying to find all user objects in the domain with an expiration date. I have tried the parameter for field "Domain User: Expiration Date (Domain User)" with a condition operator "has a value" and I only get back a handful, and I know there are more that are not listed. I wanted something for the field like "is not null" and it's not an available option. I even tried the past N days or future N days, as suggested in a post, and that is not returning all accounts, either. I run a discovery monthly.

When I clicked the link to the custom report in a previous post about similar issues, the page is missing. I prefer not to use the custom reports as one cannot modify the layout, which I do for all of your reports. :)

E L Powell

• Would you be able to use Powershell to pull a list of the accounts that are not showing up in the report?

Might give a clue as to what is "different" about them.

If you're not handy with Powershell, let us know here and someone can provide you the requisite code.

• I'm learning PS and would need to find a script to model. If you have one I could use, that would be great.

For notifications about future employee separations, we put an expiration date on the user object in A/D. I personally have more than are listed on the results I'm seeing. Our ISO wants a list of all users with expiration dates.

Thanks,

E L Powell

• Hi,

Aravind will be taking a look at your request and will be responding as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Val

• Thanks. I would think that people would want to see A/D user objects with expiration dates. If you tell me some other settings to use instead of what I tried, I will be happy to do that. It shouldn't be this difficult.

We should not have to run a PS report to compare to ER. Might as well use PS for reports if that is the case. (Not really, but you get my drift.) I know that I have 10 or more pending separations all with expiration dates that were there prior to the last discovery. They are not on the ER report. Why won't ER report on these? It's frustrating when I think a request for a new report should be easy, and it's not.

And I really don't want a custom query. There has to be a normal way to get this data.

Thanks,

E Powell

• Hello there

Since the report 'Account Expiration Date' only shows users when the 'Expiration Date' has a value, as a verification of data can you please delete this parameter to verify if the report is returning all users as expected, this would also show the 'Expiration Date' even if it is null...

Aravind

• I started over with the report 'as is' from the Report Library. First I just added the domain. I get 30 pages of users (not all users) and I know for a fact that most of them do not have expiration dates in A/D. I added the OU where all of our users reside and it also lists people who have no expiration date. Out of the 16 pages of users listed, only five actually have expiration dates, the date is listed and verified in A/D. It is certainly not listing all of our users, so why only some, and why not only ones with expiration dates? Makes no sense.

I don't understand the point of this report if it doesn't only list user objects with expiration dates. I really need to report on this to our ISO. How can I get this information? I do not want a custom query, unless you can give me the SQL to use. We change the layout of every report to better fit our needs.

Thanks,

E Powell

• Hello Powell

You said you started over with the report 'as is' from Report Library and it also lists people who have no expiration date - can you confirm if you have removed the hidden parameter 'Domain User: Expiration Date (Domain User)' ?

I've attached a file containing a SQL query that lists all users in your domain irrespective of their 'Expiration Date', can you confirm the data in the database matches the data in your AD by running the SQL query...I'd like to verify if we have a data inconsistency issue.

Also can you please mention the version of Enterprise Reporter that you are using.

Thank you

Aravind

• What hidden parameter? I thought you were talking about the parameter I added to the Expiration Date field. I'm confused.

Where do I run the SQL query? Do I save this on the report server? Sorry, I don't use SQL very often.

Should I submit this to your Help Desk so we don't have to write posts back and forth? A phone call with a remote session might clear this up more quickly.

E Powell

• Never mind. I created a custom query report and used it. It looks similar to the report I ran for the domain before, lots of users but only a few with expiration dates.

What was this to determine? Was I supposed to run the query elsewhere? I don't usually do that and would not know where to start.

I just ran an A/D discovery this morning. The data looks good to me, just more than I wanted.

I exported my new report it to a CSV and filtered out the unwanted records. And I don't want to have to do this every month.  

E Powell

• version 2.0.5.1

I exported the report definition and attached it. I removed the actual domain name (line 26) and OU (line 33). I mainly wanted you to see. I did not see that parameter when I clicked Edit report. I don't know where else to look.