Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (Sept 16-19, San Francisco) is just around the corner and promises to be another banner year for the event that brings together 60,000+ members of the Oracle ecosystem. Over 2,000 sessions and 250 exhibitors promise the latest in education and insight for this vast community of database professionals.
Quest Software representatives will be on hand in booth 1911 to answer your questions about Toad®, SharePlex®, Foglight®, Spotlight®, Stat® and other products – all designed to help you manage, monitor and move your data more efficiently. We’ll have a different raffle each day, and you must be present to win, so be sure to stop by to put your name into the hat for one of these cool prizes:
- Nintendo Switch – Monday, September 16 – Drawing at 3:30 pm
- Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Headset – Tuesday, September 17 – Drawing at 3:30 pm
- Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones – Wednesday, September 18 – Drawing at 1:00 pm
Although conferences focus on attending sessions and meeting vendors, they’re also all about networking with peers, enjoying the entertainment and taking in the native vibe. Here are a few things you can do – both fun and work-related:
- San Francisco Giants vs. Miami Marlins – If you’re arriving early on Sunday, the first 200 full-conference registrants to check in and collect their Oracle OpenWorld 2019 badge between 10:30 am–12:00 pm receive two free Club Level tickets and credit to use toward food and beverage. Or, you could still check out the game, starting at 1:05 pm at Oracle Park.
- Chinatown – No trip to San Francisco is complete without a visit to Chinatown for the food, the shops, the culture – and did we mention the food? The Dragon’s Gate entrance at Bush Street and Grant Avenue is about a 15 minute walk from the Moscone Center.
- Oracle Database Locking Mechanism Demystified
Tuesday, September 17, 12:30 PM - 01:15 PM | Moscone West - Room 2004 Topics will include concepts of the Oracle Database locking mechanism, advanced locking scenarios, ways to investigate lock issues using Oracle dictionary views, and simplifying the investigation of the root cause for the lock issues using database performance tools.
- Oracle Data Guard for Beginners
Wednesday, September 18, 09:00 AM - 09:45 AM | Moscone West - Room 3020A Oracle Data Guard allows organizations to ensure high availability, data protection, and disaster recovery for their Oracle Database environments. This session will explore Oracle Data Guard from A to Z.
- John Mayer – Wednesday, September 18, 7:00–11:00 p.m. at the Chase Center. Cap off the event with an evening of inspiration and celebration with John Mayer. Open to all full conference pass holders.
No matter how you choose to spend your time, this year’s conference will have something for everyone. Plan your sessions now, and leave plenty of time to check out the exhibit floor.