This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intrust 11.3 repo viewer crashes when clicking on custom searches

I am reaching out to see if there is a solution to repo viewer crashing when trying to use a custom search. I am getting Event ID 1026 and 1000. I see there was an issue with this with 2003 servers, but I am running 2012 R2 and I am not able to uninstall and reinstall .Netframework as it uninstalls the Server GUI. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Hi Nicole,

A few questions about the configuration...

1. Is this new install of InTrust 11.3 or upgrade from previous release?
    2. When exactly do you get the error - Clicking on 'Customer Searches Folder' object, when right-click and 'Create Search' or when try to run a custom search itself?
    3. Does a new custom search without any modification crash the RV?
    4. What is version of 'Quest InTrust' package found in Programs and Features where RV is connected?
    5. What is version of 'Quest InTrust Repository Viewer' package found in Programs and Features where RV running?
    6. What is the result of the following query executed against the InTrust_Cfg_DB:

Select ProductVersionString From DatabaseVersion
    Where ProductName='CONFIGDB';

Regards,
    Chris
  • Hi Chris:

Sorry I am just responding this morning.

1. This is a Intrust upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1 to 11.3.
    2. When I click on Custom Search folder I can create a folder under it but when clicking Create search it crashes. When clicking on the Predefined searches, there doesn't seem to be an issue.
    3. Yes, trying to create a new custom search crashes the RV
    4. version of Quest Intrust is 11.3.0.1464
    5. version of Quest Intrust Repo Viewer is 11.3.0.1464
    6. When running the query on the config DB the version is 11.3.0.1464.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
    Nicole
  • Hi Nicole,

Thank you for the update. Everything seems normal here with the configuration. We also do not see this behavior in our labs.

Couple more questions....
    1. Is this the only InTrust server in the installation? If there are multiple, have they all been upgraded?
    2. Is it possible to share screenshot or the resulting error text you receive when the issue occurs?
  • Chris:

1. I have 8 Intrust servers, I have repository viewer on another server and it is doing the same thing.

2. Yes, here are some screens shots of event viewer logs

Event IDs 1008, 2004, 1008 are when repo viewer is opening up and connecting to a selected repository in the organization

Event IDS 2, 1026, and 1000 are when the repo viewer crashes

Let me know if you need more screen shots.

• Thank you for the screenshots Nicole.

Can you check on these machines if FIPS is set to Enabled in the local security policy?

Specifically, under Local Policies | Security Options | System Cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing".

Alternatively, can check the value of 'Enabled' under the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FipsAlgorithmPolicy\
  • Chris:

You are welcome and yes FIPS is enabled on these machines.
  • Hi Nicole,
    I've reproduced the issue and the cause appears to be pertaining to FIPS being enabled. Please open a Support Service Request and let me know the SR# and I can assist further. The workaround (if it is an option) in the meantime would be to run RV on a machine which does not have FIPS enabled.
  • Chris:

Good Morning! I was able to disable that GPO for all Intrust Servers that I have and the repo viewer is now working. I appreciate the help! Is there a potential of this setting to cause other issues that you know of by chance?
  • Hi Nicole,
    Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you were able to workaround the issue. I actually rather surprised we had problem with RV and FIPS. Generally speaking, most InTrust components will work fine with FIPS today. I'll have a defect logged for RV so we can correct it in upcoming release. Thanks for your time!
  • Chris:

Fantastic! I appreciate all of the help you have provided. I will keep that in mind for any further versions that I upgrade to. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Nicole