- Recorded Date:Sept. 22, 2021
- Event:On Demand
The Oracle MySQL database platform is more than 25 years old and one of the most popular open-source relational databases in the world. Since its early days as a community-led open-source platform with limited features, MySQL has grown tremendously.
Today, MySQL’s benefits include a strong client/server architecture, OS platform independence, high performance, scalability, security and data replication. As a result, many companies want to migrate some of their costly commercial databases, such as SQL Server, Informix, Ingres and Sybase, over to Oracle MySQL, where they can enjoy a much lower total cost of ownership.
In this webinar, experts from Oracle MySQL and Quest® will show you how to:
- Determine migration suitability
- Performance-test an Oracle MySQL database to ensure scalability
- Round-trip engineer your legacy proprietary database schemas to Oracle MySQL, using data modelling techniques
- Generate new Oracle MySQL schemas
- Move your legacy proprietary data to a new Oracle MySQL database
Archie Dhaliwal; Head of indirect MySQL business in Northern Europe - Oracle
Stuart Davey; MySQL sales consulting team EMEA - Oracle
John Pocknell; Senior solutions product market strategist - Quest SoftwareDenis O’Sullivan; database management consultant - Quest Software