- Recorded Date:Apr. 5, 2022
- Event:On Demand
The Oracle MySQL database platform is more than 25 years old and one of the most popular open-source relational databases in the world.
Today, MySQL’s benefits include a strong client/server architecture, OS platform independence, high performance, scalability, security and data replication. As a result, many companies want to migrate some of their costly commercial databases, such as SQL Server, Informix, Ingres and Sybase, over to Oracle MySQL, where they can enjoy a much lower total cost of ownership.
In this webinar, experts from Quest® and Oracle MySQL will show you how to:
- Determine migration suitability
- Performance-test an Oracle MySQL database to ensure scalability
- Round-trip engineer your legacy proprietary database schemas to Oracle MySQL, using data modelling techniques
- Generate new Oracle MySQL schemas
- Move your legacy proprietary data to a new Oracle MySQL database
Denis O' Sullivan; Database management consultant - Quest Software
Stuart Davey; MySQL sales consulting team EMEA - Oracle
Jim Gallagher; Head of indirect MySQL business in Northern Europe - Oracle