- Recorded Date:Jul. 6, 2017
- Event:On Demand
Nervous about deploying SQL Server vNext/2017 on Linux? We get it. New things are scary. But here’s the great news: It’s the same SQL Server that you already know and love. And we’ve got two of the biggest experts in this area to provide all the advice you need to get up and running quickly.
In this session, Microsoft program manager Vin Yu and Quest database expert Martin Wild will reveal how easy it is to install the new SQL Server on Linux technology.
Vin and Martin will go over:
- The timelines and mechanics of deploying SQL Server vNext/2017 on Linux
- Tips for setup and configuration
- Demos that highlight the simplicity of performing common SQL Server DBA tasks on SQL Server on Linux
- A side-by-side benchmark session of workloads running on Windows and Linux
- Some cool, free tuning tools and powerful monitoring and diagnostics solutions that’ll make your work even easier
- Martin Wild - Systems Consultant
- Vin Yu - Program Manager, Microsoft