It goes without saying that static images are an artifact of a time long past. The new best practices for adding intelligence into systems imaging focuses on the layers: drivers, updates, applications, configurations and user personality.
Read this paper to learn a smarter approach to systems imaging and software deployment that layers atop the core image a set of unique drivers, updates, applications, configurations and user personality — turning a basic systems image into a viable user experience. You’ll also learn the five key steps to a better imaging experience for administrators and users, and what to look for when selecting a right solution, including:
- Automation of manual imaging processes
- Unification of image capture and storage
- Customization through one or more task sequences
- Imaging of multiple computers at the same time via multicasting
- Ongoing support for further updates, configurations and new applications